Tax - Financial Services, Business Tax Services - Senior Accountant
Ernst & Young's Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the FS market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations and funds.
As a Business Tax Services Senior Accountant, you'll make technical contributions to business tax compliance and advisory engagements. You may participate in preparing or reviewing income tax returns for organizations in the FS market; preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations; and assisting in tax advisory engagements. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counseling junior team members to help them develop.
Your key responsibilities:
- Participate in business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the Business Tax Services team and across other service lines
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, actuarial science, business, finance or a related field (MBA, Masters of Tax and LLM a plus) with strong academic credentials
- Relevant corporate tax experience gained from the financial industry or public accounting firm is desirable
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.