Senior GL Accountant
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
About the role
Work individually and in a team environment to analyze and publish financial information for assigned APAC ledger(s).
In this role, you will work individually and in a team environment, to analyze and publish financial information for assigned APAC ledger(s). Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the below:
- Month-end and year-end activities to be performed with deadlines and according to Kerry Standards
- Support the month-end and year-end accounting close process by assuring the completion of quality check and validation on journal posting, analysing financial and non-financial results, investigating variances and ensuring consistent and accurate data based on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Submission of month-end financial data to Consolidation Team and explanation of fluctuation and variances
- Prepare and ensure complete reconciliation schedules, including Accrual, Prepayments, Provision, Bonus, Banks, Inter-company, AP/AR Controls & VAT/GST
- Prepare monthly Ledger Reports, Functional Cost Report, Gross Margin Report and Consolidation Package for Directors / Country Controller review
- Drafting and ensure sign-off of Statutory Reports after Year-End Closing
- Liaise with internal/external auditors as and when required
- Prepare budgets and projections with close liaison with Country Controller and Site HR
- Adherence to agreed SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager/GL Controllers
Qualifications and skills
- Degree or Diploma in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent; professional accounting qualifications such as CPA/CMA/ACCA etc. will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Financial Accounting, with dedicated GL knowledge of a few years is required
- SAP experience is a MUST, along with advanced MS Excel skills
- Good technical accounting knowledge, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience in financial accounting or reporting role or shared services environment will be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Multi-lingual language skills would be an advantage
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines and display initiative
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.