Finance Transformation (Financial Services) Director / Senior Manager, Technology Consulting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services practice provides a broad range of integrated advisory services in the banking and capital markets, insurance, private wealth and asset management sectors. We consult with clients across Asia-Pacific to ensure they anticipate and respond to rapidly changing consumer needs, transform efficiency and effectiveness for sustainable competitive advantage, effectively respond to regulatory changes, and enhance people capability and culture.
The Technology Consulting team is known for its capability in the following areas:
- Productivity improvement: Improving operations through workforce planning, KPI alignment and process improvement through reengineering and automation.
- Operational transformation: Helping our clients drive their front office strategies into their middle and back office operations to ensure a seamless end to end client experience
- Simplification: Reducing business model complexity to increase efficiency and agility, delivering benefits for customers, employees and shareholders
- Cost optimization: Reducing cost through organizational change, offshoring, outsourcing, and shared service creation/evolution.
We’re looking for Director / Senior Manager, to join our Technology Consulting practice with experience in Finance functions in the Financial Services industry, to focus on finance function transformation.
Your Key Responsibilities
As markets rapidly change and develop, finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business. The Finance domain is rapidly evolving, due to regulatory and accounting changes, with a clear expectation that the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Technology Officer becoming a true partner of the business.
As an IT advisor, you’ll use your experience and knowledge to help deliver greater insight and utilize technology to deliver functional efficiencies as well as transforming the role of finance in our clients’ businesses. You’ll be developing innovative, sustainable ways to improve the management of people, processes and systems, working alongside other IT and Finance professionals in high-performing teams. You will lead and drive projects that may include delivery using the Agile or Waterfall methods, for both systems and non-systems driven scope.
You will cultivate and manage business development opportunities, through an understanding of EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to serve clients. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks, as well as with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs.
To Qualify for the Role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 10 years of related work experience; preferably with 3 years in a business consulting role in a leading consultancy firm
- Deep Industry knowledge and understanding of Financial Services businesses and technologies (e.g., business models, channels, typical structure, industry terms and issues)
- Experience in functional design and delivery of a range of ERP, General Ledger and reporting solutions within the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and accounting changes impacting the financial services industry
- Strong experience in project / program delivery lifecycle (e.g., requirements, analysis, design, build, test, deploy)
- Able to effectively engage with both business and IT teams
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proven capabilities in delivering business transformation projects and programs, Finance Transformation projects and / or Financial process analysis and operating design
- Define the finance automation strategy and roadmap
- Ability to translate business needs into functional requirements to deliver on business outcomes
- Ensure best practice accounting SOPs and finance processes (e.g. across P2P, O2C, cash & bank, GL, reconciliations, etc.) are in place in countries and finance teams are compliantly applying them
- Strong experience in designing and delivering Finance reporting platforms and associated interfaces with core systems, including data management considerations
- Strong experience in logical, conceptual and physical IT architecture design applied to user interface, application, data and/or infrastructure layers
- Coordinate system integration and implementation of day-to-day project plan/activities, resolving day-to-day issues for each country to ensure the alignment with the system and processes
- Project management lead and support (finance systems and accounting best practice implementation and roll out)
- Knowledge of the Finance packages offered by vendors such as SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft and Microsoft
- Experience in presales and sales activities, generating business through a network of contacts
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.