Senior Executive, Transaction Diligence, London
About the Opportunity
Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime!
We’re looking for Senior Executives (Managers) to join our team. We require fresh ideas and innovative minds to assist with a number of projects in the Transactions market.
About Transaction Diligence
Whether a business is successful and looking to leverage opportunities in the market, or is in financial distress and needs assistance with cash flow and mitigating risk, our Transaction Diligence Team can meet businesses’ specific needs. Specifically, we identify the key drivers of revenue and profitability, identify value adjustments, improve deal structures, mitigate risks and question assumptions about future performance. We improve negotiating positions and accelerate a smooth transaction with minimal disruption. Not least, we work with other teams to deliver an integrated service.
We work for a broad range of companies across sectors such as mining, oil and gas, power and utilities, private equity, blue chip corporates and mid-market businesses. The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical, resources are limited and there is pressure to deliver.
Key areas of work include:
- Identifying key drivers
- Improving deal structures
- Mitigating risks
- Working together to improve future performance
In your role as a Senior Executive (Manager) you will have responsibility for:
- Understanding the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within Transaction Diligence and other departments in EY both in the UK and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Gather, verify and assess information, and formulate views
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Plan and monitor the progress of the team
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
- Play a role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Being a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching / support to others, and participate in upward feedback
We're looking for exceptional people with transaction experience.
- Have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Have Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience
- Be an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Have project management skills
- Be an effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Have counselling skills, though not essential
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely private and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us examine our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
Read more about our commitment to inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.