Cost Accounting Supervisor/Manager
We are recruiting for a Cost Accounting Supervisor/Manager for a large aerospace manufacturing company located in the San Fernando Valley. Cost accounting experience is a MUST. Competitive compensation plus bonus. Position will be reporting to the VP of Financial Reporting and liaising with the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
What You Bring:
- Supervise all inventory cost related activities within the business units
- Assist in monthly close journal entries, balance sheet and financial statement review, and monthly variance analysis
- Perform Monthly Inventory Reconciliation and reserves calculation process, including:
- Balancing perpetual inventory to GL to identify differences and necessary steps to correct
- In-transit inventory accruals;
- Subcontracting costing;
- Obsolete & Slow Moving Inventory Reserves;
- Inventory Variance Reserves (PPV, Operating Variance);
- LCM Reserve; and
- Scrap activity reporting and balancing.
- Preparation of monthly direct, indirect and overhead allocation, and idle capacity expense;
- Preparation of monthly yield loss variance analysis, and idle time analysis
- Provide guidance to operations, procurement and finance personnel in the correction or proper treatment of inventory transactions to assure accurate accounting and reporting of inventory;
- Prepare monthly cost by projects, manufacturing and other product offering by line analysis;
- Prepare monthly forecasts for manufacturing variances and outbound freight;
- Prepare inventory forecasts, and ensure inventory forecasts align with cost forecasts
- Prepare inventory budgets and cost of sales forecasts for annual operating plan preparation
- Maintain work order-level volumes, costing and yield variance analysis
- Assist in the development of standard costs, and ABC overhead costing, for ERP implementation
- Maintain fixed/variable conversion cost reporting and operating variance analysis models for use in refining applied overhead rates
- Ensure health of cycle count programs, and assist with physical inventories, if required;
- Assist outside auditors in completing quarterly reviews and yearly audits;
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Interact with Senior and Executive Management, as required.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Required, advanced degree a plus;
- Certified Management Accountant Preferred;
- Preferably 5+ years cost accounting experience;
- "In-Factory" manufacturing experience REQUIRED; aerospace manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong understanding in ERP systems (Infor brand ERP systems a plus);
- Excellent Excel skills Required
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) experience
- Good time management skills to manage fluctuating work volume.
- Experience working is a fast pace team environment
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Desire to move upward within the organization preferred