(Senior) Consultant / Manager Technology Consulting in Tax
Are you driven to make people’s lives more fulfilling and enjoyable with the power of data, technology or processes? Would you like to explore the world of corporate finance and tax? Then this might just be for you. We are looking for somebody who loves to solve complex data, technology and process puzzles and feels comfortable interacting with clients.
Who will you be joining
You will join our team of technology consultants with an affiliation to tax matters (called Tax Management Consulting “TMC”). Our team consists of people with very diverse backgrounds. Some of us are data scientist, others are ERP system specialists (Oracle/SAP) and others are finance/tax process generalists. What unites us is our mission to solving complex tax problems using technology and adding value to our client’s tax teams by bringing high efficiency in their day to day processes.
What your daily activities will look like
Depending on your profile and the direction you want to go, you might be involved in / leading one (or many) of the following type of projects:
- Assessing the client’s current tax processes and making them more efficient by deploying best available technology solution
- Designing and/or implementing tax solutions into ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Creating data solutions that enable clients to generate tax savings with tools such as Alteryx, Knime, Anaplan, Power BI, Python and Spark.
- Develop machine learning algorithms that improve the quality of the data used by the tax department (e.g. classifying costs in the right tax deductibility category)
- Helping our clients to produce electronic tax audit files in an automated way
Next to projects (the bread-and-butter), you will be also be engaged in the following activities:
- Internationally collaborating with other tax and consulting colleagues around specific technology initiatives
- Training your more junior team mates in your area of expertise
- Developing business at new and existing clients
- Brainstorming with the team on new improvements, products and services
- Doing research and follow training on your technology area of choice
Who are you?
If you love the following, you will find yourself a good fit in our team:
- Solving complex problems by tackling them in a structured fact-based way
- Being hands-on with data and technology
- Identifying key requirements based on the client interactions/workshops and translating them in tangible technology solutions
- Presenting findings and conclusions to upper management (both internally and at clients e.g. partner, head of tax, CFO,…)
- Being agile and adaptable to learn new technologies and using them to solve complex and ever evolving finance/tax problems
If you can tick off some of the points listed below you might be able to score extra points, but they are by no means hard requirements:
- Background in commercial engineering, Management Information Systems or Computer Science, Finance and/or Economics qualification/degree
- 3 to 8 years of relevant working experience delivering projects in the area of data, technology and/or processes
Experience related to one (or more) of the following technology areas:
- ERP implementations e.g. SAP (FI-CO, SD Pricing, PaPM, HANA suite), Oracle ERP, tax engines (ONESOURCE, Vertex)
- Data science in the broad sense (or some components of it) e.g.
- Data engineering
- Data cleaning
- Data modeling in a deterministic way (i.e. no machine learning)
- Machine learning
- Data visualization / business intelligence
- Visual data analytics tools and/or business intelligence tools (e.g. Knime, Alteryx, Power BI, Qlik, Tableau…)
- Financial / tax planning tools (e.g. Anaplan, Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE, LongView,…)
- Project management experience
Coding requirements are a plus if it is relevant for the direction you want to go. Especially if you are / want to be more of a data modeling / machine learning oriented person. The following coding languages are useful (but we don’t expect you to know them all):
- Python (numpy / pandas / scikit learn / TensorFlow / PyTorch / …)
- Spark (pyspark / SparkR / Scala)
- Prior tax experience is definitely not a must. A feel (or more than just a feel) with tax, accounting and/or corporate finance might certainly help but we are convinced you can learn this also on-the-job given the right attitude.
The goodies you can expect from us
- Flexible hours, remote working, on site gym
- Competitive salary, bonus and lots of other benefits such as a company car
- Endless learning and growing opportunities
- And did we already mention awesome colleagues?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.