Senior Consultant - Financial Stability
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Financial Stability Team within the Prudential and Financial Risk competency. The role will be based in in Canary Wharf and you may be required to travel to client sites throughout the UK. In this role you will have opportunities to develop your skills by working on high-profile projects within Banking and Capital Markets, including the Challenger Bank sector. Our engagements typically require us to provide advice on complex issues to senior clients. This is achieved through qualitative analysis of financial and operational information, interpretation of regulation leveraging EY’s knowledge and active stakeholder management. You will also actively contribute to internal initiatives. In line with our commitment to quality, you will assist in driving projects to completion and help to ensure that work is of a high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
As a member of the UK Financial Stability Team, you will be working at the forefront of the latest changes to UK and international financial regulation (Bank of England, FCA ECB, EBA, SRB etc.) delivering solutions to our clients and researching the latest regulatory, political and industry thinking on how institutions must adapt to the changing regulatory landscape – e.g. capital and liquidity management, regulatory reporting, RRP etc.
Our team is composed of experienced consultants including former regulators and industry practitioners. The team is a leader in the market and offers unique opportunities for career development.
Your key responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join a growing team at Senior Consultant level and be involved in the following activities:
- Deliver FS Risk projects to the highest quality standards
- Work effectively in a team by showing initiative, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients and internal personnel
- Anticipate and identify risks and raise issues with senior members of the team
- Build strong internal relationships within Business and Technology Consulting and the wider EY firm
- Participate in internal campaigns and go-to-market solution development
- Help to create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members, helping them develop
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with clients and internally
- Strong written communication skills, including report writing and documentation
- Highly organised team player with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Project management and report writing experience
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative / qualitative skills
- Ability to learn quickly and on the job on a variety of topics
- Detail oriented and ability to produce high quality work to support an engagement team
- Desire to learn and develop and take on feedback from senior stakeholders and clients
- Demonstrate interest in the changing financial services landscape
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic background including a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field (or demonstrate aptitude for working in a technical environment through experience in treasury / finance function at a Bank or regulator)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An accounting, risk management or similar (CFA, ACCA, FRM, etc.) professional qualification may be an advantage
- Previous consulting experience would be ideal, but is not essential
- Previous experience within the Risk or Treasury team in a bank or investment firm
- Previous experience at the Bank of England, FCA or other regulatory bodies
- Experience in or exposure to any the following: Stress testing; Capital planning; Credit risk management; Market risk management; Asset and liability management; Treasury; Banking or asset management industry and products
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you’ve got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.