EY- Assurance – Associate
- The candidate must be a Graduate and an ACCA affiliate
- Internship duration:-2 months, 4th January 2021 to 4th March 2021
EY- Assurance – Associate
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, you will be carrying out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GDS India offices supporting the various Global client serving assurance teams mostly based in the Americas & European countries.
We’re looking for individuals with knowledge and understanding of accounting and assurance concepts. The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the engagement teams across Americas and Europe and develop knowledge of international accounting and assurance principles.
Your key responsibilities
- Delivering highest quality on every task assigned in line with EY Global review methodology and the expectations of Global engagement teams.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of an industry or sector and be aware of technical issues or assurance risks. • Execute & document specific review procedures as defined by the engagement teams
- Build knowledge about risk management which includes understanding significant business processes, regulation applicable to the client, other risks specific to a client’s business.
- Timely identification of accounting issues, clearly documenting the facts and findings, and discuss with GDS senior/Assistant Manager.
- Work with the GDS senior and global team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Interact with the global engagement team on a regular basis and develop productive working relationship with them.
- Contribute ideas for improvement by comparing efficiency of review procedures performed across different clients.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism towards work challenges.
- Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
- Develop knowledge of use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Robust logical and reasoning skills
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Continuous learning and proactively implementing new processes
To qualify for the role, you must have
- B.com Graduates with basic understanding of accounting and assurance concepts
- 0 – 1 years of relevant work experience in basic accounting
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Basis knowledge on MS – Excel Ms - Office • Interest in business and commerciality.
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen and technical experience to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be part of a market-leading, multi-disciplinary team in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What we Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Your graduation (Bcom) and ACCA status should be noted in your cover letter.