GDS Assurance Interns
- The candidate must be either ACCA affiliate or must have completed min 9 papers.
- Internship duration:-2 months, 4th January 2021 to 4th March 2021
Who we are:
Ernst & Young is a global leader in Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Transaction advisory services (TAS) and Knowledge services. We are committed to doing our part to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities, and we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
About EY’s Global Delivery Services (“GDS”):
GDS plays a vital role in supporting Ernst & Young’s various service lines and business operations across the world. Over the past few years, GDS has grown exponentially and continues to scale new heights. First set up in 2002, GDS India has come a long way. GDS has grown from a single office in India with 80 employees to five offices in Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Trivandrum and Chennai with close to 8000 employees.
About GDS Assurance:
EY gives assurance over the truth and fairness of financial statements when it carries out the audit of those financial statements. At GDS Assurance, practice currently comprises of providing support to global client serving teams in their audits of financial services, manufacturing, technology and many other industry sectors. GDS Assurance associate supports internal EY assurance teams located in various offices across the globe to enable these teams to deliver efficient, flexible and high quality audits under the respective regulation. EY GDS Assurance is looking for highly talented individuals to join as associates to work with globally integrated teams. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing organization and a world class team of professionals, to learn from the best and to work with some of the major clients across industries, across globe.
Job Title : Interns
Department : Assurance GDS
Reporting to : Seniors / Assistant Managers as appropriate
Location: To be determined at the time of interview /offer
The role of a GDS Associate is to carry out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GDS India offices supporting the various Global client serving audit teams mostly based in MENA. Key expectations for this role are to provide high quality results to these multinational teams, often to a tight deadline.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities in the role of an Assurance Intern:
- Be responsible for delivering highest quality on every task assigned in line with EY Global audit methodology and the expectations of Global audit teams.
- Execute & document specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, local team’s work step allocation and planned audit approach.
- Timely identification of accounting and auditing issues, clearly document the facts and findings, and discuss with GDS senior/Assistant Manager.
- Work with the GDS senior and global team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism towards work challenges.
- Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
- Develop knowledge of use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
Qualification and Competencies:
- Basic understanding of accounting and audit concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and good written & oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS office and Outlook.
- Robust logical and reasoning skills.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Commitment to continuous learning and proactively implement onto new processes.
Your graduation (Bcom) and ACCA status should be noted in your cover letter.