Prepare monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts for commodity trading group companies. The group, whose Head office is based in London, has operation in Singapore and New York office and trades in precious metals, base metals and energy for physical and derivative markets.
A globally recognised, fortune 500 trading and investment firm. The company has an excellent culture and support their employees which is exemplified by their exceptional benefits.
Scope of the role:
- Daily bank account reconciliation and margin account reconciliation
- Responsible for daily reconciliations for interfaces from back office systems to the General Ledger
- Prepare monthly management account and the Group consolidation reporting package
- Support the statutory year end process including liaison with external/internal auditors
- Support quarterly regulatory reporting under the UK Financial Conduct Authority rules
Daily accounting process, monitoring and reconciliation
- Daily reconciliations for interfaces from trading systems to the General Ledger
- Ensure all payment requests and receipt advices are processed accurately and on a timely manner.
- Daily tasks of clearing accounts payable and receivable, Precious metals internal clear account.
Produce monthly reporting package and month end closing tasks as required.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Ensure accruals and prepayments are posted and in line with the relevant service agreements.
- Balance sheet reconciliation reports (sweep accounts, accrual accounts, prepayments accounts, etc.).
- Production of monthly management report and Group consolidation package
- Inventory reconciliation
- Support inter-company balance reconciliation
- Support preparation of quarterly UK VAT and Singapore GST statements for inclusion in the returns
Prepare statutory reporting and regulatory returns as required.
- Provide support to produce a number of statutory or regulatory reports and returns, these may include:
- FCA quarterly returns
- Annual Statutory Accounts
- US Annual Survey
- BEPS reporting
- Support customer balance confirmation as necessary
- Part Qualified or equivalent accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Good Standard of Education (University Degree or equivalent); preferably 2:1 achieved, A-C at A-Level.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Good experience of accounts payable/receivable/management accounts is desirable.
- SAP system knowledge
- The ability to use Visual basic or similar basic design skills would be a strong advantage
- Experience of finance section within a commodity trading house
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, v look-ups, sumifs and formulas): Using large volumes of data in tabular format
- Sound level of basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent organisational & analytical skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective problem solver
- Enthusiastic & keen to learn
- Flexible, adaptable, creative
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive & confident self-starter
- Good team player
Looking to pay between £35,000-£45,000 depending on experience with benefits.