Financial Reporting - Senior
The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry, particularly on the Asset Management industry, and understand the challenges and trends which affect this sector. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team but also excel in working with minimal supervision. It involves working closely with FAAS directors, lead managers and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton. The candidate will also work closely with client representatives and key people from our multinational client base, hence should be a great communicator.
- Working with clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS and Lux and US GAAP;
- Working with clients to optimize several business functions, this may include projects relating to the financial statement process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- Manage different deliverables simultaneously and ensure deadlines are met;
- Provide guidance and expertise in the preparation of financial statements on complex and specialised areas;
- Building strong relationships with team and client representatives;
- Liaising with clients/auditors;
- Providing status update to lead managers and directors as to the progress of the project; and
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience and knowledge in financial services industry mainly asset management sector either directly or through practice;
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 1 year PQE, at least 1-year experience in the asset management industry;
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities and complex financial instruments;
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of reporting standards mainly IFRS & US GAAP and basic knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry;
- Strong experience and knowledge in a variety of funds types / structures such as mutual funds, UCITs, ICAVs, Private Equity, REITs and SPVs is an advantage;
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications, high proficiency on excel - desirable;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing skills; and
- SAP, ERP and other financial reporting tools experience – desirable.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.