Financial Reporting, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Join the Financial Reporting team and direct the reporting cycles and filings of various clients. You will ensure that client financial statements are in accordance with the rules and regulations that drive financial statement disclosures and other regulatory filings. You will manage the preparation and review of client semi-annual and annual financial statements, regulatory filings and other periodic reporting by our staff and our off-shore teams. You will engage with clients, auditors and other State Street teams to resolve issues and answer inquiries to ready client financial statements and filings for finalization.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Assistant Vice President you will
- Manage of a diverse group of personnel including Senior Managers involved in the preparation of interim / annual financial statements for alternative investments products (Hedge, Private Equity, Real Estate & Exchange funds).
- Extensive experience managing complex relationships.
- Expertise in procedure reviews. Lead/Participate in various projects and initiatives to enhance and improve operational efficiency though technology and other means. Familiarity with recommending and implementing improvements to existing procedures, control expenses and minimize loss and risk.
- A skilled team leader with well-honed facilitation skills and the ability to plan, develop and deliver upon major initiatives in collaboration with clients and support teams.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- You will manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives (ESP, Re-Engineering) and technology enhancements (system conversion).
- You will manage relationships with clients, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- You will be responsible for the direction and training of subordinate team leaders and staff.
- You will provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel related issues.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader on their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers in the department.
- Knowledge of Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures.
- Ability to effectively handle and resolve numerous ongoing communications and reporting deliverables in fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive change and process improvements, while managing day-to-day activities in a reporting cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients regarding their financial statements, regulatory disclosures and process improvements (standardization of disclosures and automation).
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, planning out work and resource allocation. Provide feedback and development.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or related field. CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in alternative funds fund administration function (financial reporting preferred) or accounting, audit or related business activity
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.