Senior Cashflow & Taxation Specialist - 12 month contract
Colonial First State has been helping Australians with their investment, superannuation and retirement needs since 1988
Do work that matters
We’re a proud leader in our field across an award-winning range of wealth management solutions.
We’re committed to developing a culture of expert and passionate people. Successful teams create success for our customers, our shareholders and our community.
Reporting to the Manager Fund Accounting, the Senior Cashflow & Taxation specialist role will be responsible for ensuring all cashflow transfer and reporting, BAS and associated Tax deliverables are met.
As a specialist the purpose of this role will be to work independently and add value to the team.
The role will involve
- Ensuring accurate and timely cashflow and associated reporting to Investment Managers
- Preparing and lodging BAS & PAYG across both MIS and Superannuation Trusts
- Review and completion of quarterly and annual Unit Pricing Tax realignments
- Updating and Maintaining accurate procedures for all duties within the team
- Supporting and championing productivity for Fund Accounting
- Strong collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure a high level of service both internal and external. Maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Providing support to wider team members and any assistance/training when asked
- Participating in ad hoc tasks defined by your manager to drive overall efficiency
- Contributing positively to the CFS Culture by role modelling the company values
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Demonstrated experience in Fund Accounting/ Unit Pricing
- Demonstrated experience in BAS / PAYG Calculations
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and securities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with peers and management
- Collaborative approach with effective stakeholder engagement skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and Word
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and prioritise workload
- High attention to detail with a risk and compliance mindset
- A team player with a proactive nature and happy to assist others in the team
- A great attitude - Enthusiasm, drive and dedication
- Resilience and passion and promote a positive working culture
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience driving process improvement
If this sounds like you, apply now!
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 17/12/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.