Indirect Tax Lead - Portuguese (Brazil)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing a team of Indirect Tax Analysts responsible for all indirect tax compliance meaning tax calculation, tax returns, tax payments, accounting local gaap and statutory cross-check-reconciliation against tax returns guaranteeing robustness for Brazilian legal entities;
- Support the LATAM Region Indirect Tax Manager or independent drive projects related to processes improvements to increase both compliance, efficiency and productivity;
- Handles in written, spoken or through reporting systems, the communication with both the in-country tax teams, the global tax advisory team, in country controllership teams and in-country and product company FP&A and Controllership as well as with other co-related areas that are involved in the indirect tax chain such us accounting payables, accounting receivables, cash and bank, etc;
- Review and approve the tax calculation performed by the indirect tax analysts guaranteeing that everything is reported in due date internally and externally to avoid fines and interests;
- Support any internal or external audit related to indirect tax.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Accounting and or Tax
- Professional post graduate qualification in either Accounting (CPA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) or Brazilian Tax Law
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in all Brazilian Indirect Taxes managing and/or executing;
- Must be fluent in both Portuguese and English
- Must have experience with Oracle and Mastersaf.
- Experience in Blackline will be considered as an added advantage.
- Must have experience managing a team of more that five direct reports.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.