R&D Tax Manager
An exciting and fantastic opportunity to join a growing Tax team. Grow, learn, and develop at a top 20 practice.
This practice is a very well established, reputable accountancy firm with a progressive, professional and expert team of accounting professionals. They offer a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base.
The key responsibilities for this R&D Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through the full life cycle of an R&D Tax Credit Claim. This will include; qualification and optimisation of the claim; collation of information relating to innovative projects; researching similar markets and technology; analysing and interpreting financial data to identify the claim value; and writing and completing the claim paperwork.
- Travelling to client or sales meetings, as required.
- Processing client financial data to calculate the value of the claim and preparing computations and CT600's.
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports.
- Working with and supporting Claims Administrators.
- Negotiating and liaising with HMRC.
- Supporting senior management.
- Supporting the Technical Tax Director.
- The assistant R&D Tax Manager will be expected to maintain expert knowledge of the working, detail and implementation of R&D Tax Relief legislation, guidelines and HMRC practice.
- The assistant R&D Tax Manager will be expected to maintain a portfolio of client cases.
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager and Technical Director with the management of the Claims team including reporting, training and process improvements.
- Supporting the sales and marketing efforts of the business, including writing articles, giving interviews, presenting at events, updating the web site and involvement with social media and sales support.
- Supporting the business with new revenue generation opportunities, recruitment and financial forecasting.
- Providing technical training sessions for staff, professional referrers and franchisees.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this R&D Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK corporate tax regime and how different aspects of tax and accounting treatments may interact with an R&D Tax claim.
- Ability to explain/describe the activities of a company to HMRC in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage and develop a small hard working team.
- Ability to relate to work with, and win the confidence of, clients.
- CTA or qualification with similar standing, such as ACA, would be a distinct advantage.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Life assurance.