Emerging insurance company in Central Milton Keynes are on the lookout for a Management Accountant to join their team during an exciting time of growth!
We are partnering with a leading insurance company within their sector. Recent market changes have presented an exciting time for growth across their wider business and the Management Accountant will play a pivotal role within this.
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Complete month end close for individual companies ensuring all general ledger transactions are posted, including accruals / prepayments and revaluations of foreign currency balances.
- Prepare and review management accounts for individual companies, providing an explanation of variances.
- Ensure payments and funds are processed globally, multi currency bank reconciliations are up to date and cashflow forecasting updated.
- Ensure intercompany transactions are recorded and agreed with other parties.
- Ensure other balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and reconciling items resolved on a timely basis.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial and regulatory information for internal and external audit purposes, including VAT, Duty, Sales Tax (USA) and corporation taxes.
- Lead and support key financial processes - payroll, expenses, fixed asset accounting, Accounts Payable and Credit and provide cover across the team.
- Assist in stock management and valuation, and developing margin reporting.
- Support the Financial Controller with business analysis on a regular and adhoc basis - being seen as a point of contact for the business.
- Develop knowledge of financial and business systems and assist in implementing changes and resolving issues.
- Identify and implement improvements to business processes, controls and reporting and support projects as required.
Management Accountant Requirements:
- A diligent, methodical and highly organised approach to work
- A team player that is able to develop relationships
- Onshore and Offshore trust tax experience would be an advantage but not essential
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage their own workload
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- Studying towards accounting qualification would be preferred
Whats on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working policies
- Exciting time of growth with long term career prospects
- Study Support options