Financial Accountant - 6 Month Contract
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Accounting in 13 countries and growing
- Involvement in the preparation of periodic financial and management accounts as required
- Accountant lead for a number of countries, including preparation of statutory accounts and other statutory obligations for legal entities
- Management of the group audit teams, and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of statutory obligations for the entire group. This will require strong coordination skills, in particular within Primark’s Finance teams & with our external Audit Teams (Dublin and Local teams across Europe)
- Supporting Sales, Margin and Operating Expenditure team within Financial Reporting as required
- Supporting International Projects in any market as required, e.g. Brexit, new market entry
- Meeting Financial Reporting obligations to Works Councils across a number of our European entities and key contact supporting our local P&C/Retail teams on any related finance matters
- Key Finance Contact for legal and in particular Cosec matters, coordinating board meetings and supporting transition to new European cosec provider recently appointed (including registered office changes etc)
- Finance Lead for Accounting/Tax Compliance Services Tender, including RFP meetings and internal and external meetings
- Ensure proper books and records are held in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local requirements (tax, accounting, legal etc)
- Management of financial reporting budget, tracking spend
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management
Education and Training
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent attention to detail and strong financial and analytical acumen (ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview).
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.