- Responsible in ensuring that revenue accruals and actual are prepared in line with BHI Policy, standard processes and accounting rules and conventions.
- Includes journal preparation & reviews of month end adjustments and accruals and other adjustments/accruals as required.
- Ensures the related costs of revenue and other associated accounting entries are correctly posted.
- Setup contract validation structure, standard templates and processes and executing the task and ensuring compliance of accounting with contract clauses.
- Includes Technical evaluation of contracts from Revenue recognition perspective and requires skills for contract terms interpretation
- Variance analysis during month to identify differences from accrual to actual numbers and correcting errors.
- Tracing the source of any errors and putting in place measure to stop re-occurrences.
- Work on deliverables relating to Global projects esp. New revenue recognition project
- Contact relevant Customer Services / Country Accounting Center personnel to highlight significant variance to accrual to further ensure no errors on actuals have occurred.
- Prepares, documenting and keeping processes up to date for accounting role.
- Prepares, Approve and Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the BHI team and Accenture.
- Provides advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- Conducts related GL closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines
- Implements best practices in RAC viz. lean six sigma practices and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- SAP analysis of various co. codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions.
- Assists and support other EFO teams/groups as required
- Works closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits
ESSENTIALS QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Accounting or Professional Qualification in ACCA/ CPA/ MIA etc
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting and finance.
- Experience in revenue recognition and assurance & Contract review and Validation is required
- Strong knowledge in accounting principles
- Experience in US GAAP
- Knowledge in SAP/Oracle, Hyperion and MS office skills will be an added advantage.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.