Global Real Estate Controller - Associate
JPMorgan Chase's Corporate Controllers is a global organization of approximately 1,500 colleagues, operating through a partnership among Corporate Accounting Policies, Corporate Regulatory Policy & Reporting, Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Sector Controllers, Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Finance India, and Finance Platform Strategy & Controls. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.
Corporate Sector Controllers is responsible for financial and operational accounting activities, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Corporate Line of Businesses (LOBs), as well as centrally managed Firm-wide accounting activities. The Global Real Estate Accounting team is comprised of accounting professionals across the globe who have direct responsibility for a firm-wide real estate portfolio in more than 60 countries across 5,500 owned and leased properties, covering approximately 74 million square feet.
Global Real Estate Accounting is seeking a qualified, detail oriented, high energy, and self-initiating Accounting Associate responsible for assisting in the month end financial close and reporting.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Manage a high volume, complex, and diverse portfolio of work which may include all aspects of lease accounting, including, but not limited to, establishing, modifying and reviewing lease accounting schedules for completeness and accuracy in accordance with ASC 842 and IFRS 16.
- Review, analyze, interpret, and summarize complex legal documents (Leases, Amendments, Assignments, Termination Agreements, Contracts, etc.).
- Month-end close, including developing or reviewing accrual estimates, posting journal entries to the general ledger, perform monthly reconciliation and certification of balance sheet accounts.
- Investigate monthly balance sheet, income statement and general ledger account variances and provide written explanations.
- Support ad hoc reporting and analysis across Global Real Estate as needed.
- Assist Global Real Estate Finance team in creating annual budgets and updating mid-year forecasts.
- Identify exceptions to standards, determining underlying causes and escalating to the supervisor and/or partners as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain relationships with finance and operations groups in Global Real Estate as well as Line of Business contacts.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required; ACCA/CGMA preferred
- Relevant experience required in accounting or finance with demonstrated career progression
- Public accounting experience and/or large corporate experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables
- Strong attention to detail and a structured mindset with process/continuous improvement and innovative thinking
- Self-starter with initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, work collaboratively and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience preferred with automated financial systems (SAP) and worksheet modeling tools (Excel)
- Adaptability to increased work schedule demands on occasion/during accounting close to meet deadlines
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.