Senior Tax Manager, VP
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Tax Manager with in-depth knowledge of Corporate Tax and VAT areas acquired in a public accounting company or law firm or multinational company.
Your new role:
The Senior Tax Manager, VP, based in Krakow, will be an integral member of the Corporate Tax Department. This function will report to State Street’s Head of Continental European Tax based in Munich and to the Head of Finance in Poland (dual line of reporting). A person in this position will play a crucial role in all corporate income tax and VAT matters of State Street’s presence in Poland. The role’s principal responsibility will be to ensure full compliance with local tax compliance requirements and local tax audit support.
Major job responsibilities:
- Leading the Corporate Income Tax and VAT compliance processes by working closely with local and international senior management and outside advisors
- Researching and analyzing Corporate Tax matters and leading tax technical and functional analysis, with a focus on Polish VAT matters
- Providing tax technical advice in relation to key business projects in Poland
- Leading tax audits as a key point of contact to Polish tax authorities
- Leading the local Tax Control Framework, especially with respect to Corporate Tax compliance guidelines & procedures
Required experience and skills:
- Ideally 15+ years of Corporate Tax and VAT experience with a public accounting or law firm or with a multinational company
- Experience in leading Corporate Tax projects and Polish Tax Audits
- Advanced university degree ideally in Tax, Finance, Law and/or Business Administration; a Polish Tax Advisor certification is beneficial
- Fluency in Polish and English
- Solid communication / interpersonal and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport Card
- Additional holiday entitlement
- International operating environment
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings and technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.