A global utilities business in Crewe are looking for a VAT Accountant to work alongside a Head of Tax and a leading finance department. The business is doing exceptionally well and offers a fantastic path for career progression. This will be an ideal role for someone with UK VAT experience from either practice or industry.
A global, fast growth utilities business based in Crewe.
As a VAT Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing vital support in the preparation of tax and other compliance returns for all global entities in a timely and accurate manner.
Typical work activities include:
- Monthly/Quarterly VAT returns:
- Preparation and submission of various VAT returns for various territories
- Ownership of the preparation of the quarterly VAT return working alongside our internal tax team to ensure complete accuracy.
- Compliance Returns
- Responsibility for the preparation and submission of certain compliance returns such as intrastat returns, RDCO returns, P11D submissions and PSA returns.
- Produce comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations for VAT and corporation tax nominals for submission into the management accounts team.
- Corporation tax returns
- Working alongside external tax advisors to ensure accuracy with corporation tax returns in various territories
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the compliance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
The successul VAT Accountant will have: -
- Advanced Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Experience of UK VAT returns and a detailed understanding of the various VAT treatments.
- Experience of Sage or similar accounting system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the organisation including dealing with non-finance people to gather relevant information
The busines will offer the successful VAT Accountant:
£30,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience)
Other benefits include:
- Excellent training and coaching;
- Friendly & supportive team working environment that encourages opportunities for self-development;
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development and progression;
- Annual salary review;
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with each year of services to a maximum of 25);
- Company sick pay, life assurance and pension;
- Local and online discounts including discounted restaurants, travel, entertainment tickets with Benefit-Hub;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Employee Referral Programme;
- On site canteen and gym
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Service Awards;