Finance Business Partner - Commercial Investment
Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Accountant required
Finance Business Partner opportunity
Due to expansion a leading Surrey based Housing Association is looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner on a 3 month interim basis.
You will be expected to support in the financial and commercial planning of the organisation through the evaluation of emerging business development initiatives, investments and major operational changes and the business partnering of the Development and Commercial functions of the Group to ensure alignment with the financial plan and strategic intent of the Group.
The Commercial Investment Business Partner will play a key financial specialist role as part of the team that drives the Development and Commercial agenda of the Group forward, including an expansion of market sale portfolio; being accountable for the financial analysis and modelling of new development projects and the overall commercial strategy of the Group
- Provide commercial and financial advisory support in relation to business as usual operations of allocated business units.
- Work with key managers to identify improvement opportunities arising from KPI performance.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure the effective revenue, capital and cashflow reporting of BAU, projects and BAU operations associated with new initiatives.
- Provide commercial and financial support in setting budgets and producing monthly forecasts and performance reports for the areas of responsibility.
- Provide commercial and financial support in the setting of and reporting against financial KPIs for BAU, projects and BAU operations associated with new initiatives
- Evaluate and test Development project appraisals to ensure profitability and make adjustment recommendations as necessary.
- Create complex financial models to support the evaluation of new development projects.
- Facilitate risk management processes and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on new development projects, initiatives, projects, strategic goals and objectives.
- Undertake return on Investment analysis for new and existing development projects.
- Provide commercial expertise and business acumen in evaluating and testing business plans to ensure growth and profitability and make adjustment recommendations as necessary.
- Utilise complex reporting systems to create comprehensive financial models to support the evaluation of new business streams.
- Facilitate risk management processes and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on new business operations, initiatives, projects, strategic goals and objectives.
- Undertake return on Investment analysis for new and existing business streams.
- Support the development of commercial strategy, appraisal criteria and KPIs to monitor returns on investments.
- Set standards and clear specifications around financial commercial models and reporting practice.
- Responsible for regulatory and statutory reporting in relation to areas of Growth and Investment
- Responsible for meeting all Statutory reporting deadlines
- Statutory Accounting experience
- Development Finance experience
- Business Partnering experience
- Experience of creating complex financial modelling
- Experience with SUN (accounting software) desirable
- Experience with Brixx desirable
- NPV and IRR calculations
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to use SDS proval and sequel
- Ability to use Argus Developer
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified Accountant
A great opportunity to work for a worthwhile organisation