Payroll Supervisor - FTC
An opportunity to join the Not for Profit and Charities sector in a Payroll Supervisor - FTC role to join an end to end process in a collaborative work environment. Located in Central Cambridge they are an easy commute to anyone located locally or in the surrounding area.
The client is a well established brand that is an industry leader within the Not for Profit and Charities sector, requiring a Payroll Supervisor - FTC. The objective of this position is to aid the team in providing an efficient process and service with effective issue resolution leading to an excellent customer service. Opportunity for a long position with possibility for extension for the right candidate.
The key responsibilities of the Payroll Supervisor - FTC role are:
- Act as subject matter expert for Payroll issues
- Complete payroll reconciliation and processing of various periodic reports, e.g. pension leavers, sales bonus processing and missing national insurance number
- Effective communication with external stakeholders
- Perform all payments as required to ensure compliance to regulations
- Research and resolve employee pay and time issue
- Working collaboratively with HR to ensure all starters, leavers and similar processes are executed correctly
- Supporting payroll transactions with appropriate levels of approvals
- Support Payroll Lead and wider HR Services team with special projects as directed.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as applicable.
- Provide support for critical HR initiatives as needed
The successful candidate for the Payroll Supervisor - FTC will:
- Be immediately available or have a similarly short notice period
- Have previous experience of Payroll and HR in a similar role
- Be fully versed and able to perfrom Manual Calculations
- Be well versed on statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP)and other UK Legislation
- Experience of dealing with HMRC requirements
- Be well organised and detail meticulous in nature
- Experience of delivering on SLA's and working with third party providers
- Ability to communicate successfully with other responsible parties
- Deliver excellent customer service and communicate effectively across departments
- Have understanding of common HR and service centre technologies
An easily commutable location in central Cambridge working for a name brand in a progressive customer focused team.