Assistant Management Accountant
Page Personnel are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant reporting into the Finance Manager of a growing manufacturing SME business in Wakefield.
Our client (Wakefield) is a leading player within their sector and had a staggering 45% growth year on year, in addition to being a very well established business. The Assistant Management Accountant role will report into the Finance Manager.
Assistant Management Accountant - Wakefield
To produce accurate and timely management accounts and financial information. To produce detailed monthly management account packs, including variance analysis and relevant commentary. To ensure the purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, payroll, cash book and nominal ledger processes and reconciliations are completed to deadlines.
To identify system improvements across the business and to drive change as required. To assist with the production of the annual statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP. Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT. Calculation and submission of monthly CIS returns and statements. Processing of Monthly/Weekly Payroll.
- Cash forecasting.
- To provide support to the Finance Manager on ad-hoc projects
- To assist in the control of income and expenditure and ensure spending is in line with budgets and set and agree departmental budgets.
- To provide hands on support and holiday cover to the PL and SL functions when needed.
- To interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers.
- To liaise with suppliers and customers and be the main point for escalation of queries.
- To assist with the integration and streamlining of the finance department where possible, and to maintain regular communication with other sites including site visits when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Part qualified ACCA/ CIMA / AAT Qualified - essential
- Experience in manufacturing/FMCG/ large scale wholesaling - desirable not essential
- Strong MS knowledge, especially within Excel including Pivot tables and Vlookups - essential
- Understanding of high-volume daily transactions with businesses 20M +
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Excellent Salary on offer £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) ACCA/CIMA Study Support, 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday (flexible), pension and on site car parking.