Treasury Regulatory Reporting Operations Analyst
ABOUT: Regulatory Reporting Operations (Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk):
The Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Reporting Operations team within T/CIO provides support for the firm in regards to liquidity risk infrastructure (LRI) and structured interest rate risk (SIRR) reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all information in support of the firm’s internal and regulatory Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk reporting and analytics
- Meeting external regulatory reporting requirements (LCR, 5G, COREP, Stress, IRRBB etc.)
- Supporting regulatory reviews and assessments (CLAR, ILAAP, Recovery and Resolution etc.)
- Liaising with reporting stakeholders including Liquidity Management (LM), Liquidity Risk Oversight (LRO) and all JP Morgan Line of Business Treasury teams, on reporting methodologies, adjustments and policy updates
- Support the production of internal and external global liquidity regulatory reporting (LCR, ALMM, NSFR, EMR etc.) in line with Basel guidance
- Review, adjust and attest to the quality of liquidity and interest rate risk data on a daily basis across all entities in the firm
- Perform product reconciliations & assist with daily balance sheet variance analysis
- Perform data analysis to identify & implement business validation rules to support transition to an exception based operating model
- Identifying improvements and leverage available toolsets (Robotics, Xceptor, Abacus, Tableau, Excel, Access, Python) to own and implement changes through to completion
- Determine business drivers behind variances and communicate impact to partner groups such as Liquidity Risk Oversight and Liquidity Management
- Support LRI tech/business enhancements and assisting in technology related developments, ensuring appropriate prioritisation and end user testing
- Continually identify and enhance the overall control environment and operating model across the core operational activities; improving timeliness and reducing operational risk to the firm
- Prepare key performance indicators or metrics
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably within a regulatory reporting/policy department
- Bachelor degree required (Engineering, Finance or Business degree preferable)
- Strong analytic, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and committed to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good logical and analytical skills, strong accounting skills and aptitude to work with numbers
- Understanding of varied financial products or balance sheet management is required
- An understanding of Basel liquidity and/ or interest rate risk reporting would be preferred
- Proficiency in MS office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint) is required
- Candidate should be flexible with working weekends when required for month end and production releases
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.