Financial Planning Process Expert
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work closely with an international team of experts in Finance, Economics, Reservoir Engineering and IT to develop practical solutions for the Planning processes. Your focus will be on our planning tool (Planning One) – a planning and portfolio optimisation system we have rolled out across our Upstream and Integrated Gas portfolio. However, we are currently exploring to further utilise the tool across our Businesses. This is an opportunity for an experienced Petroleum Economist, Economist or an Engineer with a strong understanding of petroleum economics and an interest in software to move into a business analysis role. As we are a growing organization you will be presented with opportunities to take ownership for projects and rapidly develop your experience and skills in other areas of our Businesses as well. This is a global role and may require flexibility to accommodate different time-zones in case of emergencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing a variety of business projects, change requests in the areas of business planning, reserves reporting, project economics, financial forecasting, portfolio optimization, and fiscal/commercial modelling
- Providing our stakeholders with commercial and strategic analysis along with decision analysis
- Proposing innovative solutions to generate better and timelier insights that help drive decision making in one of the largest gas producers in the world. Lead the development process for such solutions
- Working with software developers, architects and business counterparts to ensure the system is functioning in accordance with our standards and the business needs
- Managing project implementation of suite of software products and solutions
- Researching petroleum fiscal regimes and developing models to support analysis.
- Contributing to thought leadership within the organization
- Mentoring more junior analysts and help to develop their expertise
- Developing and cultivating long-term relationships with business stakeholders
- Delivering other automation initiatives in the Planning, Appraisal and Reporting space
- Degree in Petroleum Economics/Economics or
- Degree in an Engineering/IT or other quantitative discipline complimented by good understanding of main Petroleum Economics concepts (formal courses/qualifications would be an asset)
- Strong analytical skills are essential with an ability to think strategically. Candidates will have the ability to apply a comprehensive range of economic evaluation / business analysis techniques widely used within the industry. An understanding of Risks and Uncertainties associated with the business
- Comprehensive understanding of fiscal regimes (Royalty Tax and PSCs)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.