Tax Consultant, Transfer Agency
The candidate will be responsible for completing tasks and ongoing support of the annual tax form production and filings on behalf of the Transfer Agency clients and investors and will play a key role in a variety of US Transfer Agency regulatory projects.
This position requires strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required to complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. The ability to quickly learn Transfer Agency processes and systems and to work effectively in a team environment is critical. FIS TA (Sungard, Investar), prior tax and regulatory experience preferable.
- Key annual tax process contributor, consisting of executing system events, tax form output review, IRS filings, state filings and support and communication to internal partners, vendors and clients.
- Key contributor in a variety of TA regulatory projects of varying size and complexity demonstrating strong subject matter expertise and task completion skills.
- Manage and resolve IRS and state related inquires notices and penalties.
- Key contributor in annual tax planning and preparation including: review of annual IRS and regulatory publications, notices or changes, process review/ analysis of annual changes, vendor and internal business requirements, data mapping changes and testing.
- Key contributor for new or complex tax products/services and new client onboarding of tax and cost basis. Responsible for review and updates to company and fund rules on FIS TA to ensure client and regulatory requirements are met.
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates/changes impacting mutual funds and alternative investment products. Liaise with government agencies, regulatory authorities, industry, vendors and internally to aid in handling of TA processes.
- Develop expertise of core tax and regulatory processes including: client or investor issue research/escalation, client onboarding, client change, regulatory initiatives and cost basis.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ Transfer Agency or financial services experience.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.