Client Delivery Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
A subject matter expert who will mainly liaise with State Street colleagues in the UK and across other global locations. Query management and responses to clients, third parties and internal State Street groups are the core responsibilities in this role.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Client Delivery Operations Specialist you will
- Build strong relationships with clients through the provision of daily operational support and prompt resolution of accounting and custody queries
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales
- Collaborate with Centre of Excellence / Shared Service teams to facilitate delivery of all core client services in line with Client Service Schedule and/or Service Level Agreement
- Act as a subject matter expert for operational matters
- Participate in Client Delivery calls/meetings to provide SME input where required
- Proactively share new ideas to support process improvements
- Assist clients with Market Opening requests and support ad-hoc transition / re-structuring activity
- Support client use of State Street online reporting platform
- Participation in Oversight / Governance of Process Delivery Teams
- Build strong relationships with Oversight Governance Leads, CoEs and Shared Service teams.
- Provide feedback to Oversight Governance team re performance of Global Process Delivery CoEs and Shared Service Sites
- Collate relevant management information to support escalation of issues at internal service review meetings
- Perform core Risk and Control processes: (credit risk approvals; failed trades; overdrafts; non-receipts of funds, high risk IMT review, high risk cash break review)
- Review operating procedures and ensure they are kept up to date
- Manage applicable laws and regulatory requirements and conform with the ‘risk’ escalation chain
- Identify, report and escalate service level issues to higher management
- Demonstrate strong risk awareness, taking steps to reduce State Streets exposure to risk
- Regularly contribute to projects impacting the wider group
- Maintain specialist knowledge and skills that are essential in performing the role effectively
- Actively participate in your own self-development buy seeking out relevant training opportunities and identifying development priorities
- Develop knowledge of State Street policies and guidelines
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the ‘Risk’ escalation chain e.g. for operational issues and suspicious transactions
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Team player attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree.
- Min. 2 years of experience in a Fund Accounting environment is necessary.
- Customer service experience
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent English skills.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.