Senior Financial Accountant
Following Brexit, part of the current business with need to be separated out from the current UK Branch and therefore we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who is able to work both independently and as part of a team in order to Implement an additional Branch reporting processes whilst helping to deliver our existing UK Branch regulatory reporting requirements.
Our client is a dominant member within their respective field and is growing substantially, currently recruiting 50 roles across the business.
- Initially the role is focussed on the implementation of regulatory reporting process for the Irish Branch and moving this into business as usual.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the UK, ZIP Ireland, Group and RFC teams to deliver of the Regulatory close process including co-ordination of key outputs performed on and offshore for the UK and ZIP HO reporting.
- Production of the Market Consistent Balance Sheet and co-ordination of the QRT reporting on a Quarterly and Annual Basis.
- Irish GAAP reporting to ZIP HO for the Irish Branch.
- Supporting the embedding of an governance framework for the Irish Branch.
- Ensure processes adhere to the control framework.
- Supporting Brexit project and developments in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Work closely with and provide challenge to other teams & functions.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Query resolution, quality control and governance over outputs
- Ensure tasks performed adhere to the control framework
- Continue to support new projects and developments in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Qualified accountant
- Good understanding of financial reporting (Insurance accounting an advantage)
- Knowledge of financial systems & business platforms (SAP an advantage)
- Good team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to provide accurate information within tight timescales
- Ability to work at different levels from detailed reconciliations to senior-level engagement
- Excellent level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to deliver a high quality service
- Proactive approach
- Strong personal development ethos
A fantastic package, including a 12% non contributory pension, which is one of the best pensions on the South coast.