Senior Manager, Reporting & Accounting
- This role is to ensure the effective execution of the designed SSC Target Operating Model and actively involve in supporting the deliverables.
- Understand requirements and issues across the Businesses, identifying opportunities to help and drive consistency within Finance SSC.
- Accountability for ensuring accounting, tax and functional compliance with all regulatory requirements/ Group policies.
- Ensure all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all stakeholders.
- Manage a team of finance talents in the shared service center and deliver to business and finance SLA's.
- Provide support for various Reporting to Recording accounting functions including but not limited to reporting, recording, financial reporting and analysis.
- To ensure departmental work is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Maximize the quality of service provided to internal clients and minimize the number of complaints
- Ensure all finance & accounting processes are managed in line with respective local law and regulations in the region
- Develop and drive continuous process improvements, enhance efficiency and service quality; executing the strategic initiatives directed by the Group.
- Ensure your department complies with its overall delivery and quality performance metrics
- Inspire and motivate your department to achieve targets and strategy goals
- Communicate key strategy messages and performance metrics to your department
- Provide direct management of line managers in your department.
- Ensure effective management of staff recruitment, development and performance by driving on-going career development and training plans to maintain and enhance service excellence
- Responsible for implementing adequate operational control and risk management under the Vistra risk control framework.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners.
- Engage with your business partners for broader strategic planning.
- Ensure that appropriate People Development tools are utilised throughout your department consistently and fairly to ensure optimum performance of all colleagues concentrating on both technical and soft skill development
- Ensure that planning and prioritisation of work within the department is sufficient to maintain and improve performance metrics
- Ensure two-way communication structures are in place across the department and that messages are globally consistent.
- Ensure that inter-departmental relationships are developed
- Strong leadership, team player with analytical business acumen and can communicate at the senior executive level.
- Self-motivated, driven and open to new challenges
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Able to work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrable success in balancing the needs of the business with required quality of service
- Significant managerial background including a track record of managing large teams in a Shared Service Centre environment preferable
- Results-oriented and detail-minded person with ability to see the big picture.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to deal with ambiguities, able to work within ill-defined boundaries and able to challenge status quo.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience, particular in service industry will be an advantage
- Experience in managing projects and process improvements.
- Work experience in a Shared Services Centre is an advantage
- Bachelor degree in accounting with professional accounting qualification
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA)
- Proficiency in MS Office especially in Word and Excel
- Professional Fluency in written and oral English with a good command of Mandarin proficiency