Job Title: Product Owner
Location: Newark, NJ
The Product Owner works with the business and IT and leads the team in delivering the best solutions using the latest Agile methodologies. These solutions will take the form of technology products and process improvements. The Product Owner analyzes the business need, defines the best solution, and facilitates the successful implementation of complex solutions through hands–on work, interfacing with development resources and creating other materials to support the process.
- Serve as a single point of contact with all key stakeholders from IT for issue identification, escalation, and resolution related to various applications.
- Actively participate in or lead status meetings, requirements gathering, and design sessions, implementation planning sessions, etc.
- The Product Owner will work at the intersection of business & technology to define strategies that combine a deep understanding of business objectives, challenges, with technology solutions and extending them into development execution, value realization & ongoing product management.
- Creates the vision and roadmap for the product to align with strategic direction for the business or technology domain.
- Product Backlog refinement and estimation.
- Experience in conducting Sprint Planning meetings to plan deliverables for the upcoming sprints.
- Creating user stories in Rally.
- Creating and prioritizing the features in the product backlog.
- Daily scrum meetings to track the progress of deliverables, identify and resolve impediments and dependencies.
- Sprint Demo to the Senior leaders.
- Sprint Retrospective and acceptance of the User stories.
- Technical knowledge of APIs and microservices.
- 5+ years of PO experience in SaaS, fintech, or proptech industry
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem–solving skills
- Experience or understanding of Agile methodology, including Agile practices and ceremonies
- Strong consultative and client engagement skills; ability to interact with diverse technical and non–technical groups
- Experience integrating business needs with technology capabilities
- Experience participating in large–scale change projects with aggressive timelines