This Finance Manager role has 3 direct reports as well as Business Partnering with the internal IT Directors ensuring the smooth running of this function and managing the fixed asset and property finance function within my clients business.
The client are a large and impressive FTSE listed business based in Oxford. They are someone who are renowned for their internal progression structures and love to develop people internally.
The key accountabilities of the Finance Manager are as follows:
- Managing the preparation of monthly IT Department P&L and carrying out the review with the IT Directors. Produce management information on fey financial performance indicators to support the management of the IT cost base, including spend vs budget, costs as percentage of revenue for each business in the group, and costs per IT user.
- Provide analysis of costs and spending trends, and helping to identify where cost efficiencies can be made.
- Partner with IT Directors to build annual net revenue schedules, and develop recharges to other Business companies in the group.
- Managing the preparation of the budget and quarterly forecasts; including bridging to budget and variance analysis compared to actuals.
- Managing the preparation of 5-year plan (twice yearly), including commentary on variance and submission to Group.
- Manage the process for recharging IT costs to different Grafton business, including maintenance of the allocation method, production of regular recharge forecasts, and maintaining relationships with finance directors in each business unit to ensure that their allocation of IT costs are understood and accepted.
- Oversee period close process and provide understanding and insight into performance, including managing accruals and prepayments.
- Managing year end statutory pack for Fixed Assets and property departments for inclusion in Group and business Statutory Accounts.
- Prepare PWC and internal audit packs, provide all testing samples requested by external auditors (PwC) and internal auditors, key contact for IT finance, fixed asset and property for both internal & external audit.
- Managing and reviewing the balance sheet reconciliation process, ensuring that the monthly reconciliations are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure that there is continual improvements to the processes in place in order to streamline the group reporting and P&L review processes.
- To complete tasks as required by Finance Director, Senior Finance Manager and IT Directors.
The successful Finance Manager will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience in a range of accounting functions
- Excellent communications with finance and non-finance teams
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation skills: able to work to tight deadlines
On offer for the successful candidate is the opportunity to work for an impressive and well established business. Salary is between £45,000-£50,000 + benefits.