External Reporting Data & Platform Analysis - Analyst
WHAT WE OFFER
If you want to make an impact with your work while being supported by smart and motivated colleagues, come find your next opportunity with us. Thanks to our global reach, we can help you get where you want to go. Whether you sharpen your skills or gain something new, you’ll have experience that will give you the flexibility to move to another division or country if you choose to. Here, you’ll feel welcomed and valued. You’ll be a part of an extraordinary inclusive culture that draws on and develops the best talent.
- Support collection and landing of systemic and manual financial data sources into target reporting infrastructure.
- Review and reconcile trade and position level data against firm’s general ledger to ensure fit for purpose for regulatory reporting.
- Partner with various corporate and LOB business partners to identify and process reoccurring and ad-hoc data adjustments as necessary.
- Track, maintain and archive issues and queries / results for audit purposes.
- Support front-end user inquiries and escalation of technology issues.
- Identify and facilitate user access and entitlement support.
- Partner with technology to identify log issues, track implementation of application fixes & enhancements.
- Participate project and change management for release related testing and implementation work.
Career/Role mobility: External Reporting is at the core of Reg reporting function and facilitates interaction with schedule owners, report owners, Line of Business (LOBs such as Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Consumer and Community Banking & Asset Management) and technology partners. As one enhances his/her expertise with data it opens up further opportunities to get into project management, business management and data analytics roles. Outside of the team there is a direct link to product control functions in each LOB, product owners (SME) or report owner roles in Corporate Finance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of regulatory applications will be an advantage (Axiom)
- Logical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to interact with business partners independently
- A passion for data analysis and accounting
- Candidate should be flexible with shift timing
- Proficiency in programming skills (VBA, SQL) or automation software would be an advantage
- High energy and enthusiasm; pro-active self-starter
- Judgement and integrity
- A team player and a very organized person
- Flexible attitude with a “can-do” approach
- College/University degree in Finance or similar field; CA/CFA/CPA/MBA a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Regulatory reporting background preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.