Assistant Finance Manager
As an Assistant Finance Manager, your role will be to assist with the preparation, development, and analysis of financial information to allow the business to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability, and growth.
The aim for this role is to improve value in all areas of the organisation, by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective financial control processes.
Our client are a business who has seen exceptionally rapid growth, and who have great plans in place to continue striving forward within their specialist sector. This is a newly created position as part of business growth with an aim for a confident finance professional to develop their skills and thrive within the finance department leading to further great opportunities ahead.
- Produce monthly financial statements including consolidated profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting
- Provide regular and ad-hoc management reporting and analysis for decision-making
- Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Ongoing review of cash coverage and production of forecasts
- Production of the annual statutory accounts, VAT and other Government returns
- The preparation of submissions for Grants and control of the ongoing reporting requirements
- Manage capital expenditure control
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of tangible and intangible assets
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Interpreting and communicating financial information to non-financial managers
- Review and implementation of corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Relevant Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) - or Equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding and experience of modern ERP management information systems such as Oracle, Netsuite (desirable)
- Robust, confident individual with an enquiring mind - be able to challenge and question financial decisions
- Recent relevant experience in the pharmaceutical / manufacturing sector (advantageous)
Our client are offering a competitive salary, progression opportunities