Senior Manager Valuation & Capital Control
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Globally, Product Control is responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Responsibility includes oversight of all daily P/L production and analysis including attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
Reporting to the Global Head of Valuation and Capital Control, Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M), this role will focus on independent rate oversight; transition to trader marks and interest rate benchmark reform across IB&M.
The role will also necessitate a close working relationship with the all of Global Markets and their Leadership Team, Risk Management and other IB&M Finance areas globally.
Do work that matters
Specific valuation related tasks include but not limited to:
- Independent Price Verification, third party rates validation & Bid-offer analysis and methodologies
- Derivative Valuation Adjustments and associated methodologies and application
- Thin market analysis & other prudential valuation adjustments
- Fair Value Hierarchy classification
- Team training on valuation methodologies and associated industry changes / literature
- Manage the information for the Valuation Committee including preparing components of the pack and potentially presenting at the committee
- When any changes to system and/or valuation components of the system are made, understand IB&M Finance & cross functional impacts and facilitate the change management as a result of these changes to impacted areas
- Effectively liaise with customers and manage stakeholder expectations
- Day 1 pricing including consideration of lifetime capital
- Review Credit Capital to identify material errors and control gaps
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA/ACCA Qualification
- Strong numeracy, PC and GL systems and reporting package skills
- Highly numerate with excellent understanding of financial products including derivatives and associated pricing
- Aware of accounting standards and specifically the application in respect to Fair Value reporting
- Excellent understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Customer focused and outcome driven and drives an organisational culture that values customers and delivers customer satisfaction
- Understands business drivers and providing genuine business valued output and analysis and interactively forms ‘business partnerships’ with other professionals
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 17/12/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.