AIS Fund Administrator, Assc1
Who we are looking for:
This is the entry level position within the Private Equity Fund Administration Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. Under direct supervision the Fund Administrator Associate 1 provides assistance with certain portions of the expense compliance and reporting functions to support the fund administration role. Fund Administrators interact with all levels of internal personnel but will have no contact with external clients or client contacts. Fund Administrators handle the day-to-day administration accounting and accounting related processes for one or more client sponsored investment funds.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accountant Associate 1 you will:
- Compilation maintenance and reconciliation of fund and investor static data
- Performing regulatory checks on investors
- Preparation of periodic cash or other bank reconciliations for all fund entities
- Accounts payable distribution and investment funding processing
- Reconciliation and preparation of capital call details
- Preparation and input of general ledger journal entries
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting work paper packages including portfolio investment schedules and accrual work papers
- Preparation of work papers in support of annual tax filings
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy client files on a daily basis and archiving as necessary
- Preparation of various client related correspondence including audit confirmations and investor requests as applicable
- Participation in special client or internal projects as required
What we value:
This position is a unique opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to large multi-class, multi-manager, multi-currency portfolios that invest in a variety of instruments including derivatives and as a result, the pricing of these positions, reconciliations, corporate actions and dividends.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred;
- With related work experiences is preferred;
- Familiar with accounting system is preferred;
- Detail-oriented, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline; confident to work in English environment;
- Good communication skill with team members and home site.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.