Senior Fund Accountant (AIS NAV), Associate 2
Senior Fund Accountant (AIS NAV), Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
As an AIS NAV Senior Fund Accountant you will be a part of our team in Cracow responsible for NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. You will be accountable for preparing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. We are looking for a committed candidate who as a part of Alternative Investment Solutions will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Fund Accountant you will:
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world
- Oversee cash and position reconciliation process
- Ensure accuracy of accounting records
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve miscellaneous funds issues
- Ensure pricing of the portfolio is in accordance with valuation policy
- Evaluate and process expense and income accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals
- Prepare fund accounting analyses and calculations to support the NAV close process
- Complete semi-annual and annual audit confirmation requests
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid team player
- Strong attention to details and well organized
- Self motivated and proactive
- Strong analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Ambition to succeed and forge a longterm career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year experience within a similar role
- Good command of English
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.