Construction Accountant (Construction Experience Required)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This position will report directly to the CFO and support all accounting functions related to a new project!
Our client is a reputable real estate developer based in Midtown NYC.
- Review Contractor's and Sub–Contractor's Applications for Payment
- Prepare application for funding to partners and lenders
- Post general journal entries; monitor general ledger accounts – accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Ensure consultant contract compliance
- Reconcile bank accounts; Reconcile partner's capital accounts
- Maintain insurance logs and verify accuracy of insurance certificates
- Maintain contract logs and change order logs
- Assist with the annual audit
- Assist with compliance and upkeep of all federal, state, city, taxes, reporting, licenses and registrations
- 3–5 Years Prior Work Experience
- Strong academic background
- Extremely proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quick learner; ability to multi–task and work in a fast–paced environment
- Self–motivated, can work both independently and as a team player, thorough and detail–oriented
- Experience with MRI a plus
- Great corporate culture!
- Competitive compensation and benefits package