Head of Finance
Global Charity - Head of Finance - Bristol based with flexible working considered.
A Global Charity who truly changes peoples lives for the better. They are currently looking for a Head of Finance to lead the team. You will be part of the leadership team, influencing the overall strategic direction and shape the sustainability of the organisation, now and for the future.
As the Head of Finance you will:
- Play an active role, alongside the Senior Leadership team to lead the long term strategic direction of the global charity.
- To take overall responsibility for the services delivered by the finance team, and to ensure appropriate, efficient and effective financial systems and controls are in place within the department and regional offices in order to minimise risk.
- To manage the annual audit, including liaison with auditors and preparation of accounts.
- Proactively review finance processes and controls necessary to ensure compliance with funders and statutory requirements and to safeguard the assets of the organisation.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts which incorporate the performance of the global organisation with quarterly reporting to the Board.
- To support the senior management team in the analysis of monthly results and KPI's ensuring accurate and timely information is provided
- Provide line management to the Finance Team
- To work with the Board to transfer governance and strengthen national leadership and decision-making
- Develop and implement procedures and policies to ensure best practice is followed
- Budgeting - Working with colleagues to prepare budgets that meet the Charity's and donors requirements while supporting global cost recovery.
- Oversee and finalise the preparation of annual organisational budgets in conjunction with the SMT and budget holders.
- Review funding opportunities and provide input to contractual requirements
- Internal Audit - To carry out a periodic review and internal audit of the organisation
- Financial modelling and forecasting - provide an analysis of financial monitoring throughout the organisation
- Cash Flow - preparation of cash flow forecasts identifying areas of risk and monitoring against actual performance
- Staff training: where necessary in conjunction with the HR manager and Financial Controller, to identify any staff training needs for both the finance department and programme staff
- Fully qualified Accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Thorough and proven knowledge of legalities in financial management for both charity/company accounts.
- Problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
- Experience of working within a company/charity with medium to large annual turnover
- Proven ability to work confidently with complex systems
- The Ability to work in a calm and conscientious manner to conflicting deadlines
- High level of IT literacy, in particular in regards to accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- Experience of team supervision and management
- Experience of accountability and reporting directly to Trustee/Director level
If you would like to know more please get in touch ASAP as interviews will be held next week.