Payroll and Benefits Manager
- Payroll and Benefits Manager
- Salary competitive
A reputable public sector organisation looking for add an experienced Payroll and Benefits Manager to their Finance function in Wolverhampton.
- Coordinate, check, monitor, validate and deliver monthly payroll
- Carrying out all internal and external reconciliations and reporting
- Manage all stakeholder relationships
- End of year processes
- P11D processes
- Payroll and benefits administration and audit
- Manage salary reviews, PRP payments and bonus arrangements, leading the quarterly pay review process and preparing board reports.
- Lead and manage the transactional delivery of benefits, including the holiday flexing process.
- Work closely with the reward manager
- Be the point of escalation for all benefits enquiries
- Manage monthly and annual activity linked to benefits
- Manage external relationships
- Interpret and manage legislation changes.
- Work with the finance and ICT teams to manage expenses processes and audits to ensure compliance.
- Manage pension and life assurance schemes
- Interpret pension legislation changes and how they impact the organisation
- Regularly reviewing our pensions with the finance team, support them with the monitoring and management of pension liabilities.
- Together with the reward manager, you will lead financial well-being and pension education work across the business, manage and coordinate the internal job evaluation process, offering support and guidance on pay bench-marking data.
- Use data to inform discussion and debate, presenting issues and concerns.
- Provide data for annual reports and the gender pay gap
- Produce a quarterly report for payroll, benefits, and expenses, whilst ensuring compliance in all that the organisation does.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be educated to degree level and CIPP and CIPD qualified or studying towards these qualification
* Have experience managing and delivering E2E payroll and managing a small payroll team
* Be able to work in challenging and changing environments
* Have experience managing pension schemes, including auto-enrolment
* Have the ability to manage and organise numerous competing priorities
* Have strong commercial awareness, understanding risk and business impact
* Have excellent IT skills, including payroll systems
* Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to pay, pensions and benefits
* Have strong analytical, numerical, and written skills
* Be comfortable working under pressure
* Have high energy and enthusiasm, a driver of results and outcomes
- Competitive salary
- A fantastic benefits package
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
- A choice of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes
- Trust-based flexible working
- A £500 personal allowance to spend on your choice of things like private medical cover, dental treatment and gym membership.
- Plus more!