Financial Controller - High growth division
Based in Surrey, my client is a high growth division looking to hire a Financial Controller to lead a great, talented team.
The role is broad and will suit an experienced ACA / ACCA with a broad skill set.
Based in Surrey, my client is a high growth division looking to hire a Financial Controller to lead a great, talented team. The organisation uses technology to service the needs of a consumer customer base, has a fabulous team ethos and is on am exciting journey.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will play a key role in shaping and developing the finance function, control environment and processes & procedures. This is an opportunity to develop and grow a best-in-class finance function to support a growing business. Responsibilities include:
- Recruitment, leadership, management and motivation of the finance team
- Implementing and developing high quality processes, controls & systems which enable efficient, timely & accurate production of high quality financial reporting
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the Management Team, budget holders and other stakeholders in the wider Group
- Building a close working relationship with colleagues within the wider business, understanding trading performance and providing financial data to support decisions
- Supporting the Commercial and Operations teams by advising on the financial and accounting implications of proposed commercial arrangements
- Ownership / accountability for balance sheet integrity and reconciliations
- Delivery of ad-hoc projects
- Budget and forecasting, working alongside the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Documentation of financial risks and ensuring that contingency plans are in place
- Owning the relationship with internal and external auditors and other advisors
- Coordination of statutory, tax, legal, and applicable regulatory declarations and filings
- Qualified accountant with appropriate qualifications (ACA/ACCA), obtained while working with a recognised employer
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience, in professional practice or industry
- Background in financial control & financial reporting, including previous experience of building or improving finance functions
- Well-organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Strong, current technical skills
- Budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and statutory accounts experience are ideal for the role
- Experience of implementing and improving financial and operational processes
- Articulate, persuasive, confident, possessing sound intellect; a self-starter with the ability to combine professional rigour with practical business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Good influencer with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
Salary of £65,000 - £75,000 plus car/allowance, bonus and benefits