Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepare necessary account reconciliation and supporting schedules, analyze all relevant general ledger information, and collaborate with Controller to prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements on a timely basis
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Assist with the preparation of periodic budgets for the various departments and operating units as needed
- Work with the Controller to ensure all management reporting needs are met
- Follow established accounting processes
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Collect and analyze data and identify opportunities to reduce costs via discounts, price thresholds, changing buying patterns, vendor negotiations etc.
- Evaluate/recommend inventory and other controls as needed to reduce costs or increase profitability
- Effectively communicate with warehouse, operations, office and sales personnel
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiencies based on data analysis
- Work a flexible schedule with hours and days to reflect seasonal and business needs
- Accounting: 2+ years (Required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel: 1 year (Required)
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing?? Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.