Alpha Client Implementation Specialist
Who we are looking for
In the Alpha Client Implementation Specialist role, the incumbent will be the link between business teams, IT, and external parties to support Alpha’s industry leading messaging and connectivity platform. In this position you will become a subject matter expert in the analysis of business requirements and utilize our in house suite of tools to play a lead role in external party integrations of complex instruments such as OTC Derivatives.
Why this role is important to us
You will collaborate with the customer, technical teams and key stakeholders across the business to ensure that the business functions of the delivered solution match organizational goals and customer requirements. This role is an integral component in the industry’s first ever front to back client servicing platform. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Alpha Client Implementation Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring business requirements and expectations for OTC Derivative trade messaging are in sync with the State Street Data Integration Service offering.
- Build and manage strong relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and the business units that focus on complex asset types, understanding competing priorities across these groups.
- Understanding of OTC Derivative standard data modeling, transaction processing, and product knowledge to facilitate architecture, design, and integration.
- Working directly with custodians, accounting agents, and interested third parties to manage implementations.
- Supporting ongoing project management: Onboarding plans, project timelines, issue logs, conversion approach, post-go-live efforts.
- Coordinating communication protocol setup and integration tests with external parties.
- Understand the firm’s strategic plans, business, process and architecture in order to influence design and develop solutions.
- Working with the implementation lead to detail and understand trade flows for all in scope financial instruments.
- Assist in identifying any gaps in the process so they are fully tracked through to the delivery, testing and finally incorporation into the standard operating model.
- Participates in Review of all Data Integration Service related gaps, helping to define business rules and communicating the detailed business requirements.
- Provides regular updates at the Program Management and Project levels and keeps senior management/relevant parties abreast of key milestones and deliverables as per the contractual agreement.
- Performs end to end validation and testing of trade flows and connectivity for all in scope securities and applications before handing over to testing teams.
- Supports all phases of BUAT, Conversion, and Go-Live within the Project from a transaction management oversight perspective.
- Ensures all processes are fully documented from both a set up perspective and a market knowledge SME perspective.
- Ensure all processes are automated wherever possible and continue to look for new opportunities for automation.
- Works closely with other Middle Office workstreams to align Data Integration Service requirements with TIER, Recordkeeping, Collateral Management, and OTC Derivatives Processing as well as with any other State Street value added services.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Must have strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as a part of a larger global team
- Must have strong networking skills to assist in pulling together individuals from key areas
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work accordingly
- Proven history solving complex client use cases with effective business and technology solutions
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong industry and work experience with the middle and back office servicing of complex derivative and bank loan instruments
- Command an understanding of OTC Derivative product knowledge
- Strong understanding of transaction messaging protocols and formats such as XML, FIX, SWIFT, etc. Working knowledge of FpML is a plus.
- Strong user of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Cloud data lakes and fundamental understating of relational databases a plus
- SQL/database query skills a plus
- Competency in SDLC & Agile Methodology and tools (i.e. JIRA, Rally, RTC)
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering