Manager, Financial Control, Fund Admn, HFS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Financial Control Manager will manage a team of partners responsible for the Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Regulatory reporting deliverables for HFS EMEA client base. The teams consist of partners in Limerick and Dublin. The Manager will be based in Limerick and will manage a team of partners based there.
The successful candidate is a strong performer who takes ownership of responsibilities and achieving departmental objectives. He/she adds value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision while paying special attention to detail. The Manager will oversee the team and be responsible for secondary review of the partners’ work, in addition to coordinating client coverage, holiday coverage, team meetings, etc. The Manager will work with other Team Leads and Managers across the HFS organization (particularly Bangalore, Pune, Manilla and Chicago) regarding both day-to-day activities and strategic enhancements. The Manager will also have significant direct contact with HFS clients, including in-person meetings and presentations.
HFS is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth with new clients coming on board in EMEA (and globally), and the teams are expected to grow in headcount over time, particularly in Limerick. The Manager will be expected to have prior experience directly managing staff, including career management and performance reviews. The Manager should also have experience servicing clients, particularly Hedge Fund clients.
- Manage a team of partners based in Limerick
- Manage the daily, weekly, monthly and annual processing for NAV calculations, Financial Reporting and Regulatory reporting.
- Continue to build out the HFS EMEA operations support model
- Work with Implementation team to on-board new clients
- Effectively communicate with IT to test and implement development and enhancements across the business areas and drive solutions to completion from BRD to system release.
- Create process flows and control tools to accommodate new business needs
- Work with business development to help prepare marketing material and participate in sales presentations
- Stay current on investment industry trends, including regulation that may be impactful to HFS services
- Knowledge of upstream Middle Office servicing and downstream investor services is a plus
- Communicate effectively with both internal partners, clients and counterparties, tailoring communication style to audience as required
- Perform all employee related administrative duties including hiring, compensation distribution, annual reviews and HR related requirements
Skills / Experience
- Familiarity with and experience in working in at least one of; Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting, preferable.
- Ability to present services and lead demonstrations in prospective client meetings
- Experience working with system development testing/verifying accuracy of reports.
- Experience with excel modelling including VBA, if then statements, lookups etc.
- A strong Technical background to help trouble shoot system issues.
- Significant amount years of relevant experience and managerial experience
- Familiarity with Hedge Fund structures, products and financial instruments with understanding of accounting principles and procedures preferable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience directly managing employees
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in an extremely time sensitive conditions
- Proven team player experience and ability to work across global teams
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or professional qualification (ACCA, CFA) preferable
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.