IBD - EU BD - UK & Ireland - Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is one of the top firms in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
Morgan Stanley’s UK Banking Coverage Group works with companies, institutions and individuals based in the UK on mergers and acquisitions, strategy advisory, markets advisory, and executions of public and private capital markets transactions. As an Associate in the UK Investment Banking team, you will work with Officers and Senior Bankers on a variety of execution and business development assignments while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the UK’s largest corporations. Professionals in the UK team are located in London and work closely with other IBD groups and Global Capital Markets colleagues in Europe. The ideal candidate will have prior investment banking experience, and in particular country specific coverage experience including providing advice on local takeover regulation.
- Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, and strategic advisory)
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts; promoting team culture.
- Working closely with experienced bankers on the team and across other groups.
- Previous experience within M&A is essential and must include country specific coverage and experience in dealing with local takeover regulations.
- Recent and relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience is essential within a top tier Investment Banking institution, including working alongside multiple divisions to deliver complete capital markets or bespoke public markets based solutions to clients.
- A strong academic background having obtained a top class degree(s) from a leading university in a financially focused subject.
- Strong analytical and modelling skills are essential
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Fluency in English is essential; ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is helpful
- Ability to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and summarise effectively
- Commitment to excellence and maintaining high professional and ethical standards.
- Strong understanding of professional ethics and the regulatory environment
- Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
The salary for this role is competitive.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.