Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Manager
Global Business Continuity and Recovery Services (GBCRS) team is part of the second line of defense within the Corporate Risk Management organization. The team has been set up to work closely with individual business units and their functions in the first line of defense to provide Business Resiliency oversight and advise them on the corporate Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program, incident management response to facilitate embedding of risk management culture and supporting the global team projects.
The role involves assisting in the coordination of business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) planning and implementation of processes across the different businesses by providing ongoing resiliency oversight support, key resiliency metrics reporting for various governance bodies globally and regionally.
The role is based in Manila, Philippines and provides support of the resiliency program for the Manila office. It also provides support to few other Asia Pacific office locations. This position reports to the APAC Business Continuity Manager.
Key elements of the role include the following:
- Acting as a trusted risk advisor to the Manila senior management on the BC/DR program in the APAC region. Collaboration with key stakeholders is critical.
- Adept in creation of frameworks, policies and procedures in line with global regulations on operational resiliency.
- Continuous monitoring of disruptive events that could potentially impact Manila business operations due to natural, man-made or technology related business disruptions.
- In the event of a significant incident or an event which impacts Manila operations, providing input and coordinating successful business resumption and recovery activities. Supporting the incident response process by working collaboratively with the incident commander and the senior management to ensure successful recovery and resumption of business activities.
- Perform risk assessments to articulate any resiliency risks internally and lead with monitoring capabilities in line with such emerging threats for incident response.
- Consulting with individual functional areas and senior executive management to enhance BC and DR plans, including analysing, reviewing and critiquing plans and test results. Preparing and presenting analysis in the form of written reports for various teams and Business Unit Management using the BC Tool. Prior working knowledge of the industry leading BC tools would be beneficial.
- Facilitating exercising of BC plans, using a variety of approaches, to strengthen plan development.
- Providing BC & DR training to functional areas in line with the requirements of the corporate standards.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on BC and DR program and provides consultation on BC/DR matters globally.
- Assists the global GBCRS team in specific projects as allotted from time to time.
- Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery Program oversight for Manila, Philippines primarily and few other APAC locations.
- Consults with individual areas, identifying needs, gathering information and analysing data to assist in the development of BC & DR plans.
- Analyses and reviews business unit BC and DR plans and test results by assessing various data, including compliance with corporate standards.
- Interacts with all levels throughout the organisation to present the BC and DR programs and processes and to ensure that workable plans are created.
- Provides assistance in the management of the response to any significant incidents which has the potential to adversely impact operations. Support the Incident Management team locally and coordinates with other locations as required.
- Assists in the formal presentation of the bank's BC and DR processes and strategies to clients to assure them their needs will be met during a significant incident.
- Prepares management reports globally consistent with department and corporate standards regarding individual plans and overall plan status as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of current legal/compliance requirements for BC and DR plans and standards and interprets and applies principles to remain in compliance with same.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Full time Bachelors or Master’s degree required. BC Industry certifications from BCI or DRI preferred.
- Overall work experience of 10 -12 years and at least 8 - 10 years of relevant risk / controls assurance related experience in two or more of the disciplines including Business Resiliency, Disaster Recovery, Operational Risk oversight, Program Management is desirable.
- Previous Financial Services industry and Global Inhouse / Shared Services Centre experience in implementing a Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Program is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations impacting business resiliency across various jurisdictions is required.
- Proven ability to work with and influence the leaders within organisation to enhance the resiliency posture. Strong persuasion and data analytical skills required.
- Problem solving skills – Ability to gather data from appropriate and varied sources, consider all facts, conduct analysis, draw sound inferences and act decisively.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance requirements for financial institutions regarding BC and DR programs a plus.
- Maintaining strong industry and peer group networks within Manila and /or globally to share good practices related to resiliency.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.