Affordable Homes Graduate Scheme - April 2021 start
Your role at a glance
Are you looking for a graduate role that is technically challenging? Do you want a future that allows you to develop commercial acumen in the housing sector, building your technical skills? Are you keen to have the opportunity to progress in a breadth of roles – technical or business in the affordable housing sector?
We’re looking for graduates who can answer “yes” to the above for our 2021 L&G Affordable Homes graduate scheme. If you’re successful, you’ll join Legal & General’s well-regarded affordable housing business, which plays a pivotal role in our continued success.
What you'll be doing
L&G Affordable Homes is a fast-growing business within Legal & General. This is a specialist business developing and operating affordable housing across the UK. The business activities include residential development, finance and management, customer care, policy and governance.
Within our graduate scheme, every 4 months you’ll rotate into different business areas, developing your professional network and expanding on your quantitative and qualitative skills. Additionally, you may want to study towards a professional qualification.
Some of the day-to-day activities could include:
If you’re successful you’ll join our affordable homes business, over the two years you could be involved in:
- Working within the Development team, you will learn the financial and operational aspects of developing and operating affordable housing, including pricing the acquisition of schemes and working alongside the development managers to get an understanding of how to enter into construction contracts. You will have the opportunity to study some of the technical aspects of property development to give you a foundation understanding of the residential property development sector.
- You will spend time with our Project & Quality Managers, on site and in the office, gaining an understanding the project management of construction projects and the management of construction and development contracts and building quality control.
- Our Operations teams oversee the management of the homes we own, principally through our management partners. Whilst in this team you will gain an understanding of customer care, the digitisation of our business, management of our customers and their homes in addition to the asset management our homes. Working within operations you might work on a variety of issues and projects all the way from participating in the evolution of the design of our technology platform – through to handing homes over to happy customers
- In the Sales and Marketing team, you may learn the sales and marketing process, the relationship with the key players in the sales process, digital marketing of homes and the progression of a sales process through from first contact to customer move-in.
- Our Direct Delivery team deals with the design and development of homes we build. In this team you will gain an understanding of the planning and design process, residential development delivery including viability and financing, key delivery and commercial risks and the construction contracting and delivery process.
- The Finance team leads the financial management of the business and the investment management of the homes we own and operate. Given the pace of growth of our business, funding the business is an active and constant activity. Your time in the finance team will include investment appraisal of schemes and portfolios of homes, considering tax and financing issues, risk monitoring and risk management and all related aspects affecting the financing of our business.
What we're looking for
First and foremost, we’re looking for people with an inquisitive mind and a desire to learn. We’re not expecting prior industry experience, but we’ll want to see that you have the tools to develop quickly. These include:
- 2.1 degree in any subject
- A-Level in Maths, Science or Economics (minimum grade B)
- Analytical mind-set, with a high level of numeracy
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and a team-player
- High levels of interest, dynamism and commitment
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.