Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $50000.00 to $55000.00 yearly
There is an opportunity with a terrific Healthcare company for a full–time Staff Accountant.
Hoping to advance your career while receiving strong compensation and excellent benefits? Are you an ambitious, detail–oriented Staff Accountant? You could join a thriving, fast–paced company that recognizes talent and effort, through Robert Half Finance. This Cincinnati, Ohio area–based position is a challenging, multi–faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. The ideal candidate for this position can prepare journal entries, monthly and year–end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Consider this role if you want to participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This is a job where someone with a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets can thrive.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities
– Play a part in a variety of department–wide initiatives
– Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
– Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
– Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
– Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request
– Assemble journal entries and thorough account reconciliations that include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
– Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
– Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
– Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
– Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
– Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
– In–depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
If you are interested in this opportunity or other direct hire opportunities through Robert Half please call or email your resume to
– Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Recent and relevant accounting experience
– Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel
– Command of general ledger
– Financial analysis experience
– Month end closings experience desired
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
– Competent with spreadsheets and databases
– Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
– Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
– Skilled with ERP systems
– Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
– Self–starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full–time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
?? 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.