Business Unit Finance Manager
As a member of the Business Finance team this position is responsible for financial and strategic planning, business performance, process improvement, and investment analysis. The position actively participates in both the strategic and operational management of the assigned business unit(s). The role is expected to function as a trusted Finance Business Partner for the business unit leader serving as an active member of the business unit leadership team while demonstrating Teknor Apex Company values adhering to the highest level of ethical standards. As an experienced member of the team the position will be called upon to lead and/or fully support projects and initiatives both of a business and/or corporate nature as determined by the Global Finance Director.
- Functions as the Finance Leader of the business unit(s) management team. Serves as the liaison to specialized knowledge and policies within the corporate Finance department such as shared service accounting, tax, treasury, and credit.
- Evaluates the financial performance of the assigned business unit(s) including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow. Communicates results providing business insight. Drives action plans with appropriate business and operational management. Establishes key performance indicators to monitor progress.
- Provides both short and longer term forecasts and commentary as requested by the business and/or the Global Finance Director. Anticipates and communicates material changes in the outlook for the business.
- Evaluates the financial attractiveness of business opportunities and provides decision support analysis for all areas of the business. Develops a strong understanding of both internal and external business dynamics, competitive environment, and value drivers. Provides both routine and ad–hoc sales analyses which may include pricing, profit and value by customer, market segment, product line, geographic region, and distribution channel.
- Plays a lead role in the business unit(s) annual and strategic planning process developing operating and capital plans with a focus on sustainable long term value creation. Along with select members of the business unit leadership team(s), presents plans and performance updates to the Senior Executive Team (SET) at least twice per year. Works with business unit team members to establish appropriate business objectives and action plans. Leads and/or fully supports cross functional teams providing situational leadership for both tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluates investment opportunities providing financial analyses for capital appropriation requests (CAR) and new product development projects (CTC).
- Assists in acquisition and divestiture analysis and evaluations as required. Assists in developing recommendations involving integration of new businesses into the current organization, including systems design as well as organizational efficiency.
- Collaborates with other team members, the Global Finance Director and, at times, the CFO to evaluate best practice financial management tools, techniques, and approaches driving implementation where appropriate.
- Actively develops and mentors direct report(s). Coaches for intangibles.
- Fully supports compliance and risk management programs and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, consultancy or a related field
- Demonstrated track record of achievement with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience with large scale ERP systems and Business Intelligence systems
- Experience with Infor M3, IBM Cognos Analytics, and SAP Business Planning & Consolidation a plus.
- International financial management experience preferred
- M&A experience preferred
- Experience with advanced financial modeling and predictive analytics preferred.
- Bachelors' degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CFA or similarly recognized professional credential a plus.
- Unequivocal ethical conduct and excellent business judgement
- An ability to thrive in a highly matrixed organization effectively managing priorities, influencing decisions and achieving successful outcomes
- A proactive, highly analytical mind–set with a passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent financial acumen and communication skills
- A strong understanding of investment analysis and value management concepts
- Strong knowledge of the business and the business environment, including products, competition and market forces to enable him/her to be a key contributor in the development of business strategies
- Innovative, creative, big–picture thinking
- Attention to detail with a strong sense for materiality
- Ability to learn and implement new software, systems, and tools to aid in the financial management of the business and improve effectiveness over time
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.