Transformation Financial Analyst
News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, and pay–tv distribution in Australia.
Headquartered in New York, the activities of News Corp are conducted primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
NYC – 1211 Ave of the Americas
Transformation Financial Analyst
News Corp is embarking on a journey of transformation. We are seeking an experienced Transformation Financial Analytics Analyst to manage financial analysis, business case development, scenarios modeling, and outcomes tracking of strategic transformation projects and initiatives.
We are looking for a results–driven experienced analyst who can help facilitate clarity and collaboration with high quality, complex, assumptions–based financial modeling in a fast–paced transformation environment. This role requires working effectively with the Transformation management office, consulting partners, and leaders across organizational boundaries, areas of expertise, and global time zones.
The ideal candidate will be a self–starter comfortable with ambiguity and fast–paced analytics, able to juggle and prioritize work under tight timelines. You must be comfortable with complex business case and outcome scenarios & risk profile modeling, as well as using financial modeling tools (such as Excel, Alteryx, etc.). You will deal with ambiguous and at times incomplete data – the aptitude to balance buy–in and input from stakeholders with own assumptions and capturing interdependencies will be key in this role. You must be a strong communicator, capable of visualizations (PowerPoint, Tableau, or other tools) and summarizing your financial analysis insights to a centralized Transformation Team Office team and individual project or initiative cross–functional teams.
- Aggregate financial data across multiple Finance projects and initiatives and provide guidance on how to interpret cost, headcount, and other data
- Provide guidance input on individual initiative financial assumptions and dependencies
- Define and document taxonomy and assumptions across initiatives for the overall Finance transformation business case
- Review baselines to ensure initiatives' financial benefits are mutually exclusive
- Conduct business case financial modeling (net savings, one–time costs, realization timeline, scenarios) at the major initiative level and then consolidate to generate the Finance transformation business case
- Recommend initiative sequencing scenarios that balance risks with financial outcomes
- Develop and deploy a program level progress scorecard with KPIs for the various initiatives with risk and dependency modeling
- Support communication of business case insights to the Transformation office, teams, and stakeholders
- Work proactively with Finance business partners, consulting partners, and transformation teams to support maintenance of business case, tracking, and input of financial impact into applicable savings targets, budgets, and forecast
- Regularly meet with initiative leaders to track project benefits and update business case and forecasts
- 5 – 8 years of financial analysis experience, involving projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA and/or Audit experience would be an advantage
- Data tracing/transformation experience a plus
- Experienced in cost accounting, data reconciliation, data analysis, and visualization
- Comfortable with large data sets
- Solid analytical skills, combined with an ability to deliver analyses in a concise and logical manner
- Intellectual capacity to digest complex information, see trends and analysis through data and to translate this into concrete data–backed financial scenarios
- Ability to multitask, demonstrating independent leadership skills
- Possess strong team building, planning and project management skills driven by process improvement
- Experience in an environment that requires coordination across multiple regions and business segments
- Must have solid communication skills (oral and written) to clearly articulate findings, defend point of view amongst various groups, and present to senior management
- Must be assertive and have strong follow up skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel as well as PowerPoint to develop reports/presentations
About News Corp
News Corp is a global diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers and businesses throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia and pay–TV distribution in Australia.